My lifestyle was killing me and I knew I had to do something about it. I have learned that the best way to develop a healthy lifestyle is to discover the source of problem and then put a plan into action that will develop good health.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Electric shock

What is an electric shock?

You know that all the appliances like fans, lights, TV, computers etc. work on the principle of electricity. The human body offers considerable resistance to electricity when it is dry. However, wet skin allows transfer of electric current into our body easily. Materials like wood, glass, air and rubber also offer resistance to electricity. Sometimes while using various electric appliances just by putting fingers into the sockets, we may get a jolt of electric shock Cuts and abrasions are wounds that cause your skin to break. Cuts can be caused by sharp object such as knives, glass splinters. brasions are caused when your skin rubs against a hard surface and it breaks. Small cuts called scratches may be caused by needle or thorns.

What happens when we get an electric shock?

When current passes through our body, it causes contraction of the muscles. If the current is long enough and strong enough, it may cause the eart to beat funnily, it may destroy the muscles and even cause burns at the site where we touched the electric point. Hence, the best may to prevent electric shock is to wear rubber-soled shoes or slippers while handling electric appliances. Also if a person is struck to the electric source, do not pull the person with bare hands but pull him with help of a wooden rod.

"Last but not the least,Do not ever touch the live wire or else you’ll go all haywire!"